    I am only able to get a response if I set the URL to be a local web
    page.

    Thanks in advance
    garhone, Dec 29, 2005

  2. garhone

    Scott Bryce Guest

    garhone wrote:

    > What are all the reasons why LWP::UserAgent->get is unable to produce a
    > proper response.

    Are you sure you want to know all of the possible reasons?

    > I am only able to get a response if I set the URL to be a local web
    > page.

    Perhaps if you post a small, but complete script that demonstrates your
    problem (have you read the posting guidelines that are posted here twice
    a week?) we can help you find the problem with your script. We can't
    help you debug code we can't see.
    Scott Bryce, Dec 29, 2005

  3. garhone

    Tintin Guest

    "garhone" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm a newbie to LWP.
    > What are all the reasons why LWP::UserAgent->get is unable to produce a
    > proper response.
    >
    > I am only able to get a response if I set the URL to be a local web
    > page.

    Most likely that a firewall is blocking access and/or you need to go via a
    HTTP proxy.
    Tintin, Dec 30, 2005
  4. garhone

    Samwyse Guest

    garhone wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I'm a newbie to LWP.
    > What are all the reasons why LWP::UserAgent->get is unable to produce a
    > proper response.
    >
    > I am only able to get a response if I set the URL to be a local web
    > page.

    I, Carnac The Magnificent, can sense that you are running a Windows
    desktop behind a corporate firewall. I further sense that the
    "Automatic Discovery of Proxy Servers" option is turned on. Finally, I
    sense that the solution to your problem is to.... oh, dang, my turban
    fell over my eyes. Sorry, garhone, you're on your own.
    Samwyse, Dec 30, 2005