    Thanks,
    zim
    , Jun 11, 2007

  2. J. Gleixner Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I need to write a perl script using perl version 5.005 on windows to
    > download a file. I orginally wrote the perl scipt using a new version
    > of perl and LWP. I had line of code that was:
    > $response = $ua->get($downloadURL, ':content_file' => $storLocation);
    > I orginally wrote this on a system that had perl 5.6.1 and it worked
    > fine, but when I try to use this on the older perl it fails with:
    > Can't locate object method "get" via package "LWP::UserAgent" at
    > downloadvcclient.pl line 91.
    > So how can I rewite this to work with the older version of perl?

    ahhhh.. look at the documentation for the version of LWP::UserAgent
    you have installed... It is installed, right?

    perldoc LWP::UserAgent
    J. Gleixner, Jun 11, 2007

  3. <> wrote:

    > I need to write a perl script using perl version 5.005 on windows

    Do you mean on Windows 98?

    That was contemporary with that version of perl...

    > I orginally wrote the perl scipt using a new version
    > of perl and LWP.

    What is stopping you from installing a version of perl
    from the current millenia?

    --
    Tad McClellan
    Tad McClellan, Jun 12, 2007