Mac fails on this

Mark Anderson

This is fine in IE 5 & 6 on Win, the target I was asked for <g>, but
breaks in IE5.x and Safari under OSX (line will wrap):
document.write('<a href="#"
onClick="getPrevLayout(\'results\',\'preview\',thisPage,document.resultA
dd.item%RID%A.value); return false;">');

By dropping a few alerts, I see I'm not getting into getPrevLayout() so
I guess the Macs are being picky about writing code with code, rather
than there being an issue with the function being called.

Any ideas? Am I looking at the wrong issue?

Regards

Mark

Mick White

Mark said:
This is fine in IE 5 & 6 on Win, the target I was asked for <g>, but
breaks in IE5.x and Safari under OSX (line will wrap):
document.write('<a href="#"
onClick="getPrevLayout(\'results\',\'preview\',thisPage,document.resultA
dd.item%RID%A.value); return false;">');

By dropping a few alerts, I see I'm not getting into getPrevLayout() so
I guess the Macs are being picky about writing code with code, rather
than there being an issue with the function being called.

Any ideas? Am I looking at the wrong issue?

item%RID%A this is not a proper js variable syntax.

Try:
document.forms[\"resultAdd\"].elements[\"item%RID%A\"].value

Mick

Mark Anderson

Mick,

Thanks. I should have explained that %RID% is a server-side include such
that "item%RID%A" arrive at the client as "item459A" or such.

Anyway, I've now fixed it. I just don't know how! Some lurking typo I
guess.

Regards

Mark