MacOS/NeXTStep propert list parsing?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman

Howdy,

I've been trying to find a Python module for parsing the non-XML
PropertList format used in MacOS X (this is what Apple's docs refer to
as "ASCII format" property lists).

I've sound one or two parsers for the XML format, but nothing that
parses the legacy format. I was hoping someone here had written (or
was aware of) a parser for the older style.

Thanks,

-- Lars

Just

I've been trying to find a Python module for parsing the non-XML
PropertList format used in MacOS X (this is what Apple's docs refer to
as "ASCII format" property lists).

I've sound one or two parsers for the XML format, but nothing that
parses the legacy format. I was hoping someone here had written (or
was aware of) a parser for the older style.

If you're only running this on MacOSX, then look at PyObjC, I'm pretty
sure Cocoa itself can parse these files.

Just