    I've found some information on the siamese method and is this related
    to the backtracking algorithm?

    , Apr 7, 2008

  2. red floyd Guest

    wrote:
    > I would like to know if the 6x6 magic square can be done using the
    > backtracking algorithm and if so how long would it take. I found a
    > link online that does this pretty quick though:
    >
    > www.faust.fr.bw.schule.de/mhb/backtrack/mag6en.htm
    >
    > I've found some information on the siamese method and is this related
    > to the backtracking algorithm?

    1. This is totally off topic here, try an algorithms group
    Hint: If the answer would be the same in some language other than C++,
    it's OT here. Or, if the answer would not apply if you changed your
    OS/Platform (i.e. go from Windows to Linux), or your hardware, it's OT here.

    2. However, I'm feeling generous. Your answer can be found here:

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2

    Hope that helps.

    red floyd, Apr 7, 2008

    On Apr 6, 10:24 pm, red floyd <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I would like to know if the 6x6 magic square can be done using the
    > > backtracking algorithm and if so how long would it take. I found a
    > > link online that does this pretty quick though:

    > >www.faust.fr.bw.schule.de/mhb/backtrack/mag6en.htm

    > > I've found some information on the siamese method and is this related
    > > to the backtracking algorithm?

    > 1.  This is totally off topic here, try an algorithms group
    > Hint: If the answer would be the same in some language other than C++,
    > it's OT here.  Or, if the answer would not apply if you changed your
    > OS/Platform (i.e. go from Windows to Linux), or your hardware, it's OT here.
    >
    > 2.  However, I'm feeling generous.  Your answer can be found here:
    >
    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2
    >
    > Hope that helps.

    Sorry. Thank you for being gentle, I've been cured.

    , Apr 7, 2008