Mail Me - PUH-lease! (OT)

Neredbojias

Please help. I want to know if my form mail works. All you have to do is
go to my website at:

http://www.neredbojias.com/

....look at the bottom of the page just right of center, and click on "Form
Mail". This will take you to a form with only 2 inputs. Enter something
in the first box; it doesn't have to be an email address, but if it is, it
is completely protected because it is never used for mailing. Then enter a
word or 2 in the second box.

I need to see if the form works outside my own domain. You'd think it's a
no-brainer because the form is static, but I have to see it to be sure.

Thanks so much.

Old Fart

I would but your page says my edition 6 of IE is not good enough
to talk to

The Old Fart
Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

Neredbojias

I would but your page says my edition 6 of IE is not good enough
to talk to

The Old Fart
Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

Yep, I locked it out because I like to "expand my horizons" with markup and
css, and since ie7 came out, I have the perfect excuse not to deal with the
very recalcitrant ie6 anymore. <grin>

Neredbojias

I would but your page says my edition 6 of IE is not good enough
to talk to

The Old Fart
Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

Yep, I locked it out because I like to "expand my horizons" with markup and
css, and since ie7 came out, I have the perfect excuse not to deal with the
very recalcitrant ie6 anymore. <grin>

Neredbojias

Please help. I want to know if my form mail works.

Thanks to y'all who helped me out. The form mail works great! I am
content.

In case you're interesting, here are the first few messages as seen at my
end in T-bird. Everything is the same as original except I've de-
addressed any actual email address submitted (for obvious reasons.)

(One ==)

From: rf

--No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:
7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.2/1353 - Release Date: 3/31/2008 6:21 PM

(Thanks rf.)

(Two ==)

From: david

Hi there.

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:
7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.2/1353 - Release Date: 3/31/2008 6:21 PM

(Thanks David.)

(Three ==)

From: blinky

Yo!

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:
7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.2/1353 - Release Date: 3/31/2008 6:21 PM

(Thanks Blinky)

(Four ==)

From: so, if this isn't used - do you read it? ;-)

hello - testing, 2, 3 ;-)

I don't need to try and break it, right? Just see if it works for regular
non-hackers?

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:
7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.2/1353 - Release Date: 3/31/2008 6:21 PM

(thanks so)

There is critical text-checking already in place but now I can get on
with the business of fine-tuning of "safifying" the mail with the least
amount of restriction.

Once again, thanks to all who got involved.

Blinky the Shark

rf said:
Which is quite bizarre as the page works quite well with IE6.

Perhaps Neredbojias is using an old fart sniffer.

Golly -- out of context, that's not a pretty picture.

Travis Newbury

Yep, I locked it out because I like to "expand my horizons" with markup and
css, and since ie7 came out, I have the perfect excuse not to deal with the
very recalcitrant ie6 anymore. <grin>

Now if I could just get that same forward thinking to turn to the dark
side and embrace Flash...

Neredbojias

Now if I could just get that same forward thinking to turn to the dark
side and embrace Flash...

Flash cannot be "embraced"; it can only be "endured".

Neredbojias

I would love to help you out, but you no longer support IE6. Your not
doing this same trick with customers are you?

Well, the option is their's, of course, and most demure, but some do see
the wisdom of this forward-thinking improvement.
Of course you could ask
the same of me with Flash I guess.

Ya know, I would probably love Flash if it were non-proprietary and part of
the html family of markup standards...

John Hosking

Neredbojias said:
Thanks to y'all who helped me out. The form mail works great! I am
content.

And I am style.

Els is class.

Blinky is danger.

Repetition is tedium.

In case you're interesting,

Oh, I *am*. In fact I can be fascinating at times.
here are the first few messages as seen at my end in T-bird.

[snipped] They're not as interesting as what I see in *my* end. :-0

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Ah, but what kind?

You left out which numerical level.

Phffft! I more scared of rotten sardines.

They can kill...but not as fast.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias said:
Ah, all you need is a tank of compressed air, a good throwing arm, and a
gun with 6 or 8 rounds.

Sounds like an airplane windsheild-testing setup. (Ref is to testing
windshields against bird impacts by blowing turkeys at them.)

Neredbojias

Sounds like an airplane windsheild-testing setup. (Ref is to testing
windshields against bird impacts by blowing turkeys at them.)

Hehe, well, I guess it would make for a good test. Must be kinda hard on
the turkeys, though. I suppose they conduct the bulk of these tests a few
weeks before Thanksgiving...