mailbox.mbox Status/X-Status flags RFC?

Tim Chase

Playing around with mailbox.mbox, I noticed the flag get split
across Status/X-Status headers. I dug into the source and read at
[1] to see the *how* but I'm curious as to the *why*.

When I pulled up RFC-4155[2] (mbox), it didn't seem to mention
anything about the Status/X-Status stuff, and the MaildirMessage
stores flags differently (and with different meanings).

Anybody have some insight (or an RFC document) that would help this
make sense to me?

Thanks,

-tkc

[1]