mailbox.mbox Status/X-Status flags RFC?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Chase, Aug 30, 2012.

  1. Tim Chase

    Tim Chase Guest

    Playing around with mailbox.mbox, I noticed the flag get split
    across Status/X-Status headers. I dug into the source and read at
    [1] to see the *how* but I'm curious as to the *why*.

    When I pulled up RFC-4155[2] (mbox), it didn't seem to mention
    anything about the Status/X-Status stuff, and the MaildirMessage
    stores flags differently (and with different meanings).

    Anybody have some insight (or an RFC document) that would help this
    make sense to me?

    Thanks,

    -tkc

    [1]