Mailto Question

Stuart

Hi there

I do not have server side access to the mail.

All clients in my team are using outlook as default email program.

There is a button on a data access page which will open the browser.

The setting up of the email is not a problem however actually getting
the email sent without the user clicking send is a problem.

Surely we can advance in technology? I just want the email to send
without the user being able to edit the email message.

Please someone help.....I've been working on this for days.

Kind Regards

Stuart

Elegie

Stuart wrote:

Hi Stuart,

Surely we can advance in technology? I just want the email to send
without the user being able to edit the email message.

This has nothing to do with technology, that's a security issue, imagine
some website that would send email on your behalf when you're simply
surfing...

The best approach is definitively to use some server-side process; even
if you do not have access to emailing technologies on your own server,
there are plenty of free solutions existing on the web, which you can
post to (or even call remotely from a server page, I guess).

Pure client-side solution may also be doable, though, at a certain cost;
since all your users have outlook, you could probably connect directly
to their client, using some Outlook.Application ActiveX object, then
build and send some email - this would however require your clients to
authorize your script in their security settings. MSDN should have
plenty of runnable examples on their site.

Kind regards,
Elegie.