Main page for RDoc

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Brian Candler, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. OK, I'm probably being stupid here, but I'd appreciate being put right.

    I've just started playing with rdoc, and have installed rdoc-0.9.0 under
    ruby-1.8.0

    Running rdoc on itself:
    $ cd rdoc-0.9.0
    $ rdoc

    gives me 'tokenstream.rb' as the first page displayed when I view
    index.html. Doing "rdoc --main rdoc/rdoc.rb" gives me that page instead. But
    how do I get the README file as the front page?

    If I try "rdoc --main README" then I get:
    Generating HTML...
    Could not find main page README
    Could not find main page README
    Could not find main page README
    Could not find main page README

    In fact, README does not appear under the 'Files' list in the generated HTML
    at all.

    And yet, rdoc's own documentation at
    http://rdoc.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html
    manages to make the README the front page.

    So what am I doing wrong..? It would certainly be useful if rdoc's
    documentation included the command to run to generate rdoc's docs :)

    Cheers,

    Brian.

    Brian Candler, Aug 15, 2003