maintaining session

Sergey Poberezovskiy

Hi,

I have an ASP.Net application running on a web farm. I
use SessionState = "StateServer" and cookieless mode and
session Timeout = 20 mins.
This is a testing application where a user will be
sitting a number of tests for about one to two hours.

the problem is that every now and then the session
objects gets lost - I check the Session("User_Id") on
every Page_Load in order to proceed - and at some point
this becomes Nothing...
On subsequent logins it still works for some time - and
then becomes Nothing again.

Could anyone please help, or suggest what could
potentially be a problem?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Glavich

Check your event log (Application Event Log) to see if ASPNET is recycling
at all. Also, check the Application event log on the state server machine to
see if anything is being logged.