maintaining view data in Domain model?

Elhanan

hi..

we are struggling with an issue of where or how to bring deocding data
of lookup fields, from a domain object model to the view layer, and an
idea has been brought up to allow the domain model to hold names of
codes (like for example class Benefit will hold benefitCode AS WELL as
benefitName), this in order to save database calls (as the names of
these codes all reside within a different legacy system).

another suggestion was to create a view model and a service that will
fill such a model, and to hold a central table that will hold all codes
and names in one place, as well as the type of code to bring.

how was this solved in other places?