make a list of child tables wrap

cronoklee

Hi, I have an undefined number of small tables one after another which
list results from a database. I really need for them to wrap to the
next line if / when they hit the edge of the page but I can't find an
option to do this. I've tried align="left" which works fperfectly or
images but not for tables. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot
Ciaran

Jonathan N. Little

Hi, I have an undefined number of small tables one after another which
list results from a database. I really need for them to wrap to the
next line if / when they hit the edge of the page but I can't find an
option to do this. I've tried align="left" which works fperfectly or
images but not for tables. Can anyone help me out?

CSS is your answer, in your stylesheet:

TABLE.results { float: left; margin: .5em; }

your Markup:

Brian Cryer

Hi, I have an undefined number of small tables one after another which
list results from a database. I really need for them to wrap to the
next line if / when they hit the edge of the page but I can't find an
option to do this. I've tried align="left" which works fperfectly or
images but not for tables. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot
Ciaran

You can wrap divs:

So, whilst I've not tried it I would imagine (if I've understood correctly
what you after) that you might get what you are after by applying the style
float:left to your tables.

Hope this helps.