make .exe file by rubyscript2exe with no DOS???

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Pat Kiatchaipipat, Apr 28, 2008.

  1. I have fallow this
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/84263

    I can make file.exe that can run normally by use
    >rubyscript2exe new/

    new/ is my folder that contain data (image etc..)

    and then I want to make it run without DOS I try
    >rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

    It can make .exe file but when I click on it, it nothing happen.. what
    I'm doing wrong :'(
    Pat Kiatchaipipat, Apr 28, 2008

  2. Pat Kiatchaipipat

    Luka Lukako Guest

    Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
    > I have fallow this
    > http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/84263
    >
    > I can make file.exe that can run normally by use
    >>rubyscript2exe new/

    > new/ is my folder that contain data (image etc..)
    >
    > and then I want to make it run without DOS I try
    >>rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

    > It can make .exe file but when I click on it, it nothing happen.. what
    > I'm doing wrong :'(

    Example:
    test.rb - It's your file.
    and you want test.rb to test.exe yes?

    It's easy:

    Luka Lukako, Apr 28, 2008

  3. my file is many picture and I want to make to exe for run in other
    computer so I put all file in '/new' unless It can make only .rb to exe
    and can't show picture. I can make .exe now but I will pop up DOS and I
    don't want it. I want to know how to do :'(

    Pat Kiatchaipipat, Apr 29, 2008
    Phillip Gawlowski, Apr 29, 2008
  5. I try

    >rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

    It can make new.exe but when I run this file. it's nothing happen :'(
    Pat Kiatchaipipat, Apr 29, 2008
  6. Pat Kiatchaipipat

    Alex Fenton Guest

    Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
    > I try
    >
    >> rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

    > It can make new.exe but when I run this file. it's nothing happen :'(

    Try creating it with --rubyscript2exe-ruby and running in it a DOS box
    first to see if it raises an exception.

    Also, you should ensure that your script doesn't call "puts" or similar
    as this may cause errors with the -rubyw switch, because the output is
    closed.

    Alex Fenton, Apr 29, 2008
  7. Alex Fenton wrote:
    > Pat Kiatchaipipat wrote:
    >> I try
    >>
    >>> rubyscript2exe new/ --rubyscript2exe-rubyw

    >> It can make new.exe but when I run this file. it's nothing happen :'(

    > Try creating it with --rubyscript2exe-ruby and running in it a DOS box
    > first to see if it raises an exception.
    >
    > Also, you should ensure that your script doesn't call "puts" or similar
    > as this may cause errors with the -rubyw switch, because the output is
    > closed.

    my code has some "puts" in other files that I require it. I will delete
    it and try again. thank you :)
    Pat Kiatchaipipat, Apr 29, 2008