    ?

    Thanks in advance

    Divya
    foodic, Apr 16, 2005

  2. foodic

    Joe Wright Guest

    foodic wrote:
    > I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
    > Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
    > while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
    > source.Or any option available in make that
    > will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
    > ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Divya

    You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?
    --
    Joe Wright mailto:
    --- Albert Einstein ---
    Joe Wright, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Joe Wright <> writes:
    > foodic wrote:
    >> I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
    >> Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
    >> while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
    >> source.Or any option available in make that
    >> will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
    >> ?

    > You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?

    Or comp.unix.programmer.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 16, 2005
  4. foodic

    Joe Wright Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote:
    > Joe Wright <> writes:
    >
    >>foodic wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am new to make file concepts. All I need to know whether
    >>>Is it possible to extract missing directories in the source
    >>>while executing make -n?For example missing text-utils directory in my
    >>>source.Or any option available in make that
    >>>will throw error messages about missing directories when using make -n
    >>>?

    >>You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?

    > Or comp.unix.programmer.

    Make is not specific to Unix either. I've used various flavors as far
    back as CP/M in the 80's. Anything with a command shell is a suspect
    target for a make program.
    --
    Joe Wright mailto:
    --- Albert Einstein ---
    Joe Wright, Apr 17, 2005
  5. Joe Wright <> writes:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> Joe Wright <> writes:

    >>>You are lost. comp.lang.c is not the right place. comp.programming perhaps?

    >> Or comp.unix.programmer.

    > Make is not specific to Unix either. I've used various flavors as far
    > back as CP/M in the 80's. Anything with a command shell is a suspect
    > target for a make program.

    Sure, but its origins are on Unix, and the folks in
    comp.unix.programmer are likely to be willing and able to help.

    Keith Thompson, Apr 17, 2005