Make sure first letter is uppercase

Middletree

I want to take a value that users type into a field (actually 2
fields--first and last name) and convert the first letter to Upper Case. I
htought I could use UCase, but it seems to only work for an entire string.
Anyone got a suggestion?

Evertjan.

Middletree wrote on 12 jul 2007 in
I want to take a value that users type into a field (actually 2
fields--first and last name) and convert the first letter to Upper
Case. I htought I could use UCase, but it seems to only work for an
entire string. Anyone got a suggestion?

t = request.form("myField")
t = ucase(left(t,1)) & mid(t,2)

Middletree

Middletree wrote on 13 jul 2007 in

Please next time, quote. Usenet is not email!

And Microsoft forums are not Usenet.

I hate quoting because I am a staunch believer in top-posting, and when I
quote, I get "corrected" by those who hate top-posting. They always remind
me that top-posting is against the rules of etiquitte. In fact, most people
I know prefer to read a top-posted message, but because we weren't around
newsgroups in 1989 when those rules were formulated, we don't get any say.

But I bottom-posted here for you because I really appreciate your help. I
had never heard of "mid" before. Thanks.

Evertjan.

Middletree wrote on 13 jul 2007 in
And Microsoft forums are not Usenet.

Any NG that is on usenet is part of usenet.
I hate quoting because I am a staunch believer in top-posting, and
when I quote, I get "corrected" by those who hate top-posting. They
always remind me that top-posting is against the rules of etiquitte.
In fact, most people I know prefer to read a top-posted message, but
because we weren't around newsgroups in 1989 when those rules were
formulated, we don't get any say.

But I bottom-posted here for you because I really appreciate your
help. I had never heard of "mid" before. Thanks.

OK.