Make VS.NET stop changing <br />

Tim Mulholland

I'm trying to use 'compliant' HTML code in my asp.net pages, but VS.NET 2003
doesn't seem to think i should.
Everytime i put a <br /> into my code, VS changes it back to <br> for me.
I've played with some of the options under Text Editor/HTML/XML/Format and
Html Specific but the best i've been able to get it to do is change it to
Is there a way to get VS to realize that <br /> is valid?

Thanks in advance,

-Tim

Lorenzo Bolognini

clintonG said:
Not until VS2005 -- allegedly -- but you might be satisfied with
a hack [1].
I'm trying to use 'compliant' HTML code in my asp.net pages, but VS.NET 2003
doesn't seem to think i should.
Everytime i put a <br /> into my code, VS changes it back to <br> for
me.

Are Borland C# Builder or Sharp Develop any better for this point of view?

Lorenzo

Tim Mulholland

That's what i feared people would say. I looked around the web a bit before
asking and that was the general idea i was getting but i figured it couldn't
hurt to ask.

Thanks,

Tim

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com

[1] http://www.howtodothings.com/showarticle.asp?article=729

Tim Mulholland said:
I'm trying to use 'compliant' HTML code in my asp.net pages, but VS.NET 2003
doesn't seem to think i should.
Everytime i put a <br /> into my code, VS changes it back to <br> for me.
I've played with some of the options under Text Editor/HTML/XML/Format and
Html Specific but the best i've been able to get it to do is change it to
Is there a way to get VS to realize that <br /> is valid?

Thanks in advance,

-Tim

Adam Hearn

In VS.NET2005 it seems to be *very* good.
You can set what content type you wish to support even - HTML/XHTML, etc.