Making a GridView Cell read-only

aljamala

Hi,

I am trying to make a Sudoku web application. I am creating a dataset
which holds the numbers that belong to each cell. Then these numbers
are unmasked to display the problem set to the user in a GridView.
However, I was to be able to mark the empty columns for editing. I
have tried this but it hasn't worked so far...

protected void gameGrid_RowDataBound(object sender,
GridViewRowEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Row.DataItemIndex > -1)
{
object obj = (object)e.Row.DataItem;
DataControlFieldCell cell =
(DataControlFieldCell)e.Row.Controls[0];
if (cell.Text == "")
{
BoundField field1 =
(BoundField)cell.ContainingField;
field1.ReadOnly = false;

//gameGrid.DataBind();

Any ideas? Thanks!

Michael Tkachev

Hi

I recommend you to use the XSLT for that. It's easier than datagrid. Because
you can put into the XSL some logic and there you can define which the cell
must be read only...

If you have any questions, email me... :)

Sincerely yours,
Michael B. Tkachev.
(e-mail address removed)