MalformedURLException - Spaces in the classpath

Sudarshan Raghavan

Hi,
My program uses RMI and works perfectly when I install it under a directory
with no spaces (eg. C:\RMI_Example\test). However when I install it under a
directory with spaces (C:\RMI Example\test) it throws a
"MalformedURLException : no protocol : Example\Test" exception.

Is there a way to counter this problem ??

Windows OS, JDK 1.3.1_05

Sudarshan

Dag Sunde

Must you not "URL-encode" that string?

Something like: "C:\RMI%20Example\test"...