Managing database tables through web-forms (automatically)

Antal Rutz

Hi,

I want to manage database(sql) tables through the web: actions like
insert/edit/list/delete.
An application often needs just a database table to be easily managable
through the web by the users.

Now I realized that everytime I write a new app
I need to rewrite the whole thing according to the actual
database/table schema (forms/templates/validation/etc)

What I'd need:
A tool/module/anything that helps me to automate this process.
Something that just needs defining some table scheme and
not to rewrite the whole thing again.

Big thanks if you can help me!

Sybren Stuvel

Antal Rutz enlightened us with:
I want to manage database(sql) tables through the web: actions like
insert/edit/list/delete.

Check out Django, it has a great database API and on the fly
auto-generated admin.

Sybren

Antal Rutz

Sybren said:
Check out Django, it has a great database API and on the fly
auto-generated admin.

Just gone over the tutorial, really amazing, exactly what I need.
Big thanks for the hint!

Sybren Stuvel

Antal Rutz enlightened us with:
Just gone over the tutorial, really amazing, exactly what I need.

That's exactly the response I had when I met with Django :)

Sybren

Daniel Nogradi

Check out Django, it has a great database API and on the fly
That's exactly the response I had when I met with Django :)

Anyone with Django experience: how well does it do with respect to upgrades?

Suppose you have some version of python, mod_python, apache, sqlite,
pysqlite, Django and of course your application using all of these.
Then if you upgrade any one piece in this list how will the whole
thing continue to work from the point of view of your app and Django
(so I'm supposing that the only bottle neck can be your app and
Django, so if the upgrading of, say, sqlite breaks, say, pysqlite that
doesn't count)?