Managing ViewState of a dynamically created Custom Composite Server Control -(where the original is

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by dickster, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. dickster

    dickster Guest

    Ok here's my scenario.

    I have a Custom Composite Server Control (CCSC) consisting of a
    TextBox, Button & Panel. (And some other code - which I will explain
    later)

    There is a button on the webform called ADD that "adds" as many of
    these (CCSC) as you want.

    OK it's straight forward to manage ViewState (i.e. the text entered
    in the TextBox) of these dynamically added CCSC.

    I do this based on the principle on PostBack of running the code that
    created "x" number of my CCSC to the Control Hierarchy in the
    Page_Init().

    The ViewState then does its stuff later on down the Page Execution
    LifeCycle to reset the Text property of each TextBox.

    However my problem is this - my CCSC, depending on the Text entered
    when the button (of the CCSC) is clicked dynamically adds either a
    CheckBox or RadioButton in the Panel.

    How on earth do I manage ViewState of either the CheckBox or
    RadioButton.

    i.e. there are 2 phases of Dynamic Creation.

    I can post the code if required

    Dickster
    dickster, Dec 8, 2005