    the term "unit" is more often interpreted as unit-test library.

    Thank in advance,
    Nordlöw

    Nordlöw, Feb 2, 2010

  2. Re: Manipulation of Symbolic Expressions of Physical (SI) UnitsLibrary

    On Feb 2, 12:07 pm, Nordlöw <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a library for runtime manipulation of symbolic
    > expression of physical (SI) units.
    >
    > I have already found the project udunits-2 athttp://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits/udunits-2/udunits2.html
    > which seems to fit my needs perfectly.
    >
    > Does anybody know of any C++ wrapper for udunits-2 or any other such
    > kind of library?

    Did you try Boost.Units?

    Gert-Jan de Vos, Feb 2, 2010

  3. Nordlöw

    Nordlöw Guest

    Re: Manipulation of Symbolic Expressions of Physical (SI) UnitsLibrary

    On Feb 2, 12:22 pm, Gert-Jan de Vos <gert-
    > wrote:
    > On Feb 2, 12:07 pm, Nordlöw <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking for a library for runtime manipulation of symbolic
    > > expression of physical (SI) units.

    > > I have already found the project udunits-2 athttp://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits/udunits-2/udunits2.html
    > > which seems to fit my needs perfectly.

    > > Does anybody know of any C++ wrapper for udunits-2 or any other such
    > > kind of library?

    > Did you try Boost.Units?

    I already knew about this library but isn't this compile-time only?
    Could we use Boost.Units to implement a run-time representation of
    dimension aswell like udunits does?

    /Per

    Nordlöw, Feb 2, 2010
  4. Re: Manipulation of Symbolic Expressions of Physical (SI) UnitsLibrary

    On Feb 2, 3:59 pm, Nordlöw <> wrote:
    > On Feb 2, 12:22 pm, Gert-Jan de Vos <gert-
    >
    > > wrote:
    > > On Feb 2, 12:07 pm, Nordlöw <> wrote:

    > > > I'm looking for a library for runtime manipulation of symbolic
    > > > expression of physical (SI) units.

    > > > I have already found the project udunits-2 athttp://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits/udunits-2/udunits2.html
    > > > which seems to fit my needs perfectly.

    > > > Does anybody know of any C++ wrapper for udunits-2 or any other such
    > > > kind of library?

    > > Did you try Boost.Units?

    > I already knew about this library but isn't this compile-time only?
    > Could we use Boost.Units to implement a run-time representation of
    > dimension aswell like udunits does?

    You are right, boost.units is compile time only AFAIK.

    Gert-Jan de Vos, Feb 2, 2010