Manual Compiling

Guest

I want to learn how to do a manual compile. I found an article on the web
which indicated that you can create a response file and then use that
response file to do the compile. I was wondering if there is some way I can
tell VS2005 to create a response file for the project which is being compiled
so that I could use this as a starting point for subsequent compiles?

Any place you can steer me to so that I can learn how to do manual compiles?

When I publish my web site, instead of getting one dll for the entire
project, I see that I get a series of files (My project is rather large,
hunders of web pages), not sure how or why VS 2005 broke it into a multitude
of .dll's. Is there some philosophy which should be used to make multiple
..dll's?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!