map a Drive "V:/" for each session

Guest

whenever a user log in in my web application, i am trying to Map a drive "V:/" to a network path which is unique to each user(but i have to map to drive V:/ only). As any number of users can login to the web app at a particular time , i do not know how to do this mapping in the web server

I have to map "V:/" drive only because, the ultimate aim is to open a word document which is a mail merge document with reference to Merge data document path to "V:/emerge.txt". So if i open a document without this drive it will give me error.Also i have to map to unique network paths for different documents opened by different users. so i have to remap the "V:/" drive for each user

can anyone tell me how to map a "V:/" drive in the web server which will be unique for each user

Thanks

SKuma

John Saunders

skumar said:
whenever a user log in in my web application, i am trying to Map a drive
"V:/" to a network path which is unique to each user(but i have to map to
drive V:/ only). As any number of users can login to the web app at a
particular time , i do not know how to do this mapping in the web server.
I have to map "V:/" drive only because, the ultimate aim is to open a word
document which is a mail merge document with reference to Merge data
document path to "V:/emerge.txt". So if i open a document without this drive
it will give me error.Also i have to map to unique network paths for
different documents opened by different users. so i have to remap the "V:/"
drive for each user.
can anyone tell me how to map a "V:/" drive in the web server which will
be unique for each user.

Mapping drives and opening Word documents are all client-side tasks which
have little to do with ASP.NET. You could, of course, write some JavaScript
code to do the work, but perhaps you'd be better off writing a Windows Forms
application instead of an ASP.NET application? The application can still be
distributed via the web.