Margin and/or padding problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Malcolm, Aug 9, 2006.

  1. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    I am rebuilding a website. At the moment I am just doing the layout.

    The site is here:
    http://users.iafrica.com/m/mc/mcollett/samm/index.htm

    and the css is here:
    http://users.iafrica.com/m/mc/mcollett/samm/common/samm.css

    On the left is the nav bar with an image of a tree below it. I would like to
    move the tree up a little. I see that there is a gap between the nav bar ul
    and the image. I would like to reduce this gap to zero. But I don't know
    what is causing this gap so I don't know how to get rid of it.

    An ideas?

    (The site that I am rebuilding is here:
    www.samurdermysteries.co.za)

    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Malcolm

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Malcolm
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > http://users.iafrica.com/m/mc/mcollett/samm/index.htm

    > On the left is the nav bar with an image of a tree below it. I would like to
    > move the tree up a little. I see that there is a gap between the nav bar ul
    > and the image. I would like to reduce this gap to zero. But I don't know
    > what is causing this gap so I don't know how to get rid of it.

    It's the margin-bottom on the <ul>.

    Firefox's DOM Inspector comes in very handy for this.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

    Mark Parnell, Aug 10, 2006

  3. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Malcolm
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    >> http://users.iafrica.com/m/mc/mcollett/samm/index.htm

    >> On the left is the nav bar with an image of a tree below it. I would like
    >> move the tree up a little. I see that there is a gap between the nav bar
    >> ul
    >> and the image. I would like to reduce this gap to zero. But I don't know
    >> what is causing this gap so I don't know how to get rid of it.

    > It's the margin-bottom on the <ul>.
    >
    > Firefox's DOM Inspector comes in very handy for this.

    Fixed. Thanks Mark

    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Aug 10, 2006