mass adding parameters t sql procedures

Guest

ive this procedure which needs some 10+ inputs as parameters. if i go by the
normal method of passing params to procedures in asp.net like
this(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320916/EN-US/) it'll be really long.
isnt there some shorter way to specify the parameters like when we do EXEC in
Sql Query Analyser ? eg: EXEC CustomProcedure 1,'A%'

how can i do this?

thanx

Guest

Jason,
thanx man .. that is what i wanted ..

but i got a slight problem .. i downloaded & installed Data Application
Block v2 and later even the first version -- but still i cant load or import
the 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll' into my asp.net pages and i cant
find this dll anywhere on my hard disk. where am i supposed t find the dll &
load it ?

Jason said:
Renjith,
Check out the Microsoft Data Application Block for .NET.

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=c20d12b0-af52-402b-9b7c-aaeb21d1f431

It allows you to write one line SQL calls like this:

Dim dsData As DataSet = SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(ConnectString,
"StoredProcedure", param1, param2)

This eliminates a lot of repetitive SQL boiler plate code, and answers
your question.
Jason

Jason

Renjith,
Personally, I use v3.1. But in any case, check your program files
folder for either

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET
C:\Program Files\GotDotNet\

You'll want to Add a reference to the dll file(s) into your project,
then rebuild and it should work.

Jason