master page across multiple web applications is broke?

Andy B

I am trying to use a master page in more than 1 web application. I am
looking through a post on how to do it and it says "In the MasterPageFile
attribute, refer to the master page in the root project using a relative
path from the current document. " Ok so I did
MasterPageFile="~/Site1.Master" and the file doesn't exist. I tried
"../Site1.Master" and ".." isn't allowed at the beginning of a path. I tried
"~../Site1.Master" and the file doesn't exist. My question is how to refer
to the master page like that statement said? I know he has images of how it
should look but I can't view the images so text is better for me to look at
right now.

George Ter-Saakov

You can not use Masterpage across multiple applications.

Masterpage must be in the same project where aspx file that using it.....

George.