master pages & authorization controls

dmm

Hi all,

I am using master pages and am having a bit of an issue. As part of my
masterpage I want to display the user's current logged in status using the
LoginView. However I get the following error:
Control 'loginView' of type 'LoginView' must be placed inside a form tag
with runat=server.
I can see that the LoginView is indeed being rendered outside the form tag -
which seems to surround the content placeholder - so I understand the
message, but this seems to seriously affect the utility of the MasterPage
proposition. Presumably even the Menu control would suffer from this issue.

Is there a workaround for this???

Cheers

NumbLock

dmm said:
Hi all,

I am using master pages and am having a bit of an issue. As part of my
masterpage I want to display the user's current logged in status using
the LoginView. However I get the following error:
Control 'loginView' of type 'LoginView' must be placed inside a form
tag with runat=server.
I can see that the LoginView is indeed being rendered outside the form
tag - which seems to surround the content placeholder - so I
understand the message, but this seems to seriously affect the utility
of the MasterPage proposition. Presumably even the Menu control would
suffer from this issue.

Is there a workaround for this???

Cheers

I am using a login control on a master page without issue. The designer
sometimes does wierd things to the source and it is possible that it has
moved the <asp:loginview> tag before the <form> tag. Just edit the
source and move the <asp:loginview> and all text up to it's closing tag
</asp:loginview> to the first line under the Form tag in your master
page. I am also using a loginname and loginstatus control inside the
loginview, both within the master page.

dmm

Oh, that was simple. My kind of bug.

Thanks