Master pages for plain HTML pages?

Cirene

I am using VS.NET 2008.

In Dreamweaver you can create page templates (equivalent to Master Pages)
and make HTML documents based on them.

In VS.NET can you have a HTML file linked to a Master Page?

bruce barker

no. the master page is really a control hosted by the aspx page. it will noy
work with html.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

clintonG

You might consider learning to modify Visual Studio templates and create
your own series of HTML templates. The "page" would not be dynamic like
"MasterPages" but it would allow you to pick a static template that was
created to support a given type of layout each time you created a new HTML
document.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Master pages can only apply to ASPX pages, not HTML.

In Dreamweaver (and FrontPage or Expression Web), you have DWTs (dynamic web
templates). They are dynamic only in the sense that the program knows to
search the website for pages using them when you update. If you edit the
page in a text editor, you will not update the pages.

I am not knocking DWTs, as I feel they have a purpose. I just do not see
them as extremely useful in an ASP.NET application.