    button control.

    The aspx page calls a master page.

    Suggestions appreciated - Segue

    segue, Sep 29, 2009

  2. One thing I might look at is do a View Source in the browser. This will
    allow you to see the code that the browser is actually looking at. Take a
    look at the tabindex attribute and make sure that they really do have the
    values 0 and 1. Also, just to see what happens, you might want to try using
    some different values, such as 9 and 10. Is this problem happening only if
    there is a Master Page, or does it always happen, and are both of the
    controls in the Content Page, or is one in the Master and one in the
    Content? These are just a few things to take a look at. Good Luck!
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 30, 2009

  3. segue

    segue Guest

    Thanks for the nice response and suggestions - tabs were 0 and 1 - tried
    a few other things . . ..

    segue, Oct 1, 2009
  4. On Oct 1, 7:43 am, segue <> wrote:
    > Thanks for the nice response and suggestions - tabs were 0 and 1 - tried
    > a few other things . . ..
    >

    > "Nathan Sokalski" wrote:
    > > One thing I might look at is do a View Source in the browser. This will
    > > allow you to see the code that the browser is actually looking at. Take a
    > > look at the tabindex attribute and make sure that they really do have the
    > > values 0 and 1. Also, just to see what happens, you might want to try using
    > > some different values, such as 9 and 10. Is this problem happening only if
    > > there is a Master Page, or does it always happen, and are both of the
    > > controls in the Content Page, or is one in the Master and one in the
    > > Content? These are just a few things to take a look at. Good Luck!
    > > --
    > > Nathan Sokalski
    > >
    > >http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    > > "segue" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi - I have two controls that should tab consecutively:
    > > > textbox and search.

    > > > When I tab off the textbox it goes to the browser url address
    > > > for both IE and Mozilla rather than the search button control.

    > > > In the asp.net page I selected 0 for textbox tabbing and 1 for the search
    > > > button control.

    > > > The aspx page calls a master page.

    > > > Suggestions appreciated - Segue- Hide quoted text -

    Segue,

    this is not because of master page. I'll bet you have the same
    behavior without master. I think this due to the fact that in many
    browsers, including Internet Explorer, tab order includes controls
    that are located on the browser toolbar. Because the tab order goes up
    sequentially, so that when you move from a TextBox control with a
    TabIndex property set to 0, the focus then goes to the first control
    with the TabIndex value of 1 (or higher) and if there is another
    control (e.g. located on the browser toolbar) then the focus goes
    there and not to your Button control. Try to set 100 instead of 0 and
    101 instead of 1 and see if it helps.

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 1, 2009