Masterpage Content Controls Throwing Off Content

Barkster

How do I keep a content control from throwing off the size of my pages?
When I drop a content control in my header it resizes the cell to a
larger size and when I publish the page it is now sized to the height
of the content control. I've tried embedding the content control in a
sized div and sized cell with no affect on height. This is so
frustrating the way they are throwing off all my cells. I understand
they are supposed to resize to the container but I cannot get it to
work. What am I missing? Thanks

Jester98x

Barkster said:
How do I keep a content control from throwing off the size of my pages?
When I drop a content control in my header it resizes the cell to a
larger size and when I publish the page it is now sized to the height
of the content control. I've tried embedding the content control in a
sized div and sized cell with no affect on height. This is so
frustrating the way they are throwing off all my cells. I understand
they are supposed to resize to the container but I cannot get it to
work. What am I missing? Thanks

Barkster,

in the master page:

<asp:contentplaceholder id="myPlaceHolder"
runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>

Then in the child page that uses the master page anything that is
larger than the size of the div will not show and will not resize your
output window.

Regards,
Steve

Barkster

Thanks, I'll give it a shot
Barkster,

in the master page:

<asp:contentplaceholder id="myPlaceHolder"
runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>

Then in the child page that uses the master page anything that is
larger than the size of the div will not show and will not resize your
output window.

Regards,
Steve

Barkster

Well tried it, I created a blank master page and stuck this on it

<asp:contentplaceholder id="myPlaceHolder"
runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>

The actual size of the content place holder was actually 230px instead
of 57px high? It seems like it will recognize the width but not the
height which is what I ran into previously.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jester98x

Barkster said:
Well tried it, I created a blank master page and stuck this on it

<asp:contentplaceholder id="myPlaceHolder"
runat="server"></asp:contentplaceholder>

The actual size of the content place holder was actually 230px instead
of 57px high? It seems like it will recognize the width but not the
height which is what I ran into previously.

Any ideas?

Thanks

My mistake, the style overflow:none; should be overflow:hidden;

Steve