mathn error in development branch (1.9)

oinkoink

I get a critical error when I try to include mathn in the current
development branch (1.9)
of ruby. This is with ruby 1.9.0 (2006-05-27) but the problem has been
around a while:
I noticed it in ruby 1.9.0 (2006-05-01)

3070> ./irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'mathn'
NameError: method `gcd2' not defined in Integer
from /home/bret/local/lib/ruby/1.9/mathn.rb:19:in `remove_method'
from /home/bret/local/lib/ruby/1.9/mathn.rb:19
from (irb):1:in `Kernel#binding'

The offending code in mathn.rb is:
class Integer

remove_method:)gcd2)
def gcd2(other)
(and so forth)

Indeed with a bit of grepping, I can't find gcd2 defined anywhere else,
nor can I find any place that uses
the gcd2 defined at this point in mathn.

Since math is broken without mathn (for example, matrix inverses and
determinants are
completely wrong without mathn) this is a critical bug.

Regards, Oinkoink