    something already exists out there. Are there any matrix algebra
    packages available.

    -Robert

    Robert M. Gary, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Robert M. Gary

    Jim Korman Guest

    On 11 Nov 2005 14:27:10 -0800, "Robert M. Gary" <>
    wrote:

    >I want to be able to multiply 2d integer arrays as well as invert them
    >for some matrix algebra calculations that my financial modeling
    >requires. I could write these routines myself but wondering if
    >something already exists out there. Are there any matrix algebra
    >packages available.
    >
    >-Robert

    Google is our friend.....

    Second hit using {java matrix library}

    http://math.nist.gov/javanumerics/jama/

    Jim Korman, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Cool. I was hoping to get some feedback on what people's experiences
    were with different packages they may have used too.

    -Robert

    Robert M. Gary, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Robert M. Gary

    Jim Korman Guest

    On 11 Nov 2005 15:08:53 -0800, "Robert M. Gary" <>
    wrote:

    >Cool. I was hoping to get some feedback on what people's experiences
    >were with different packages they may have used too.
    >
    >-Robert

    Robert, Haven't tried this package yet! But it looks good.
    Also note that this is NIST "product". Such things are usually
    pretty good.

    Jim

    Jim Korman, Nov 12, 2005
  5. Robert M. Gary

    Googmeister Guest

    Jim Korman wrote:
    > On 11 Nov 2005 15:08:53 -0800, "Robert M. Gary" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Cool. I was hoping to get some feedback on what people's experiences
    > >were with different packages they may have used too.
    > >
    > >-Robert

    > Robert, Haven't tried this package yet! But it looks good.
    > Also note that this is NIST "product". Such things are usually
    > pretty good.

    Iv'e used the NIST/Mathworks product known as JAMA, and
    was quite happy with it. It implements the de factor standard
    numerical linear algebra algorithms from LINPACK and EISPACK.
    JAMA is probably not as optimized (for speed) as its
    FORTRAN and MATLAB competitors, but the code should
    be rock solid.

    Googmeister, Nov 12, 2005