    map this two matrix on bigger matrix ?
    the easy way, correct way, the combinatorial way.
    To do this outside an process statement or even inside a process.

    lvcargnini, Jul 4, 2006

  2. On 4 Jul 2006 09:41:07 -0700, "lvcargnini"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a matrix of (0 to 53, 0 to 67) and i create other two matrix
    >one of x(0 to 53, 0 to 53) and another y(0 to 53, 0 to 5) how could i
    >map this two matrix on bigger matrix ?
    >the easy way, correct way, the combinatorial way.
    >To do this outside an process statement or even inside a process.

    Write a conversion function that takes the two smaller matrices
    and returns a value of the large matrix type. Use FOR loops
    inside this function to do the copying.
    --
    Jonathan Bromley, Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how

    http://www.MYCOMPANY.com

    Jonathan Bromley, Jul 4, 2006

  3. lvcargnini

    lvcargnini Guest

    Hi,
    all matrix are of type std_logic. So the manner that you are saying me
    to do is using forr loops inisde a process or a function, correct ?
    but if a create a function, I don't need to call the function inside a
    process block ?

    lvcargnini, Jul 4, 2006
  4. >all matrix are of type std_logic. So the manner that you are saying me
    >to do is using forr loops inisde a process or a function, correct ?
    >but if a create a function, I don't need to call the function inside a
    >process block ?

    Yes; but why is that an issue? EVERY piece of procedural code in
    VHDL runs inside a process, although sometimes the process is
    disguised (for example, a concurrent signal assignment is in
    fact a process). So you could easily write a concurrent
    signal assignment that calls your function:

    big_matrix <= combine_function (small_matrix, tiny_matrix);

    That's why functions are such a neat solution for this sort of
    thing - you can use them all over the place.

    Jonathan Bromley, Jul 5, 2006