maven2 multi-project repositories

Discussion in 'Java' started by Martijn, Mar 17, 2007.

  1. Martijn

    Martijn Guest

    Hi,

    I have the following set-up:

    Project
    +- Component1
    +- Component2
    +- Component3
    +- repository
    +- src
    +- java
    +- resources

    Each component is set-up the Maven2 way, similarly to what is shown for
    Component3. I have linked all the components by a pom at Project level
    (using the <modules> directive), and in fact have put some common settings
    in this pom.xml, which are in turn referenced by the Component POMs by using
    the <parent> directive.

    The problem is when I have libraries put into the repository directory at
    component level, they are not being found when I run

    mvn install

    at Project level (unless they are already in my local repository, of
    course). Can this be fixed without putting all component repository
    directories explicitely in the POM (e.g. specify ./Component1/repository as
    a repository directory? There is even an extra level added to this as well,
    due to inter-project dependancies.

    If this is not the right place to ask this kind of question, please let me
    know. Thank you for your help!

    --
    Martijn
    http://www.sereneconcepts.nl