max no of parameters a function can take?

Mike Wahler

Victor Bazarov said:
The Standard requires at least 256.

To "Master":

But if you find you need more than a maximum of perhaps
ten arguments (my personal threshold is more like six
or seven), imo you should consider refactoring your code
to use more functions with 'smaller' signatures. Keep
It Readable.

-Mike

Victor Bazarov

Mike said:
To "Master":

But if you find you need more than a maximum of perhaps
ten arguments (my personal threshold is more like six
or seven), imo you should consider refactoring your code
to use more functions with 'smaller' signatures. Keep
It Readable.

If the OP is working on some kind of automated source code
generator, the resulting code doesn't have to be readable by
anything (or anybody) except a compiler.

Victor

Mike Wahler

Victor Bazarov said:
If the OP is working on some kind of automated source code
generator, the resulting code doesn't have to be readable by
anything (or anybody) except a compiler.

Which is why it's a good idea to give some context when asking
such 'high level' questions, which OP did not do. But yes, I
agree with your thoughts about this if this is some sort of
code generation issue.

-Mike

Julie

Mike said:
Which is why it's a good idea to give some context when asking
such 'high level' questions, which OP did not do.

You interpret "what is the maximum no. of arguments a function can take?" as a
'high level' question???

I don't see any level to it at all, just a simple question w/ an equally simple
answer.