max number of web service clients???

Guest

Hi all, I developed an ASP.NET Web Service project using Visual Studio (C#).
I'm hosting it on IIS and Windows XP Pro. The web service simply sends back
UTC time as a 'double' value at the client's request. The test client I
wrote requests this UTC at a 2/sec rate and just displays it. The client
works fine when I run up to 8 concurrent sessions of it, but starts failing
after that - the client window does not display anything. But, when I close
one of the working clients, the non-working client starts working (starts
displaying UTC).
I suspect it's some simple setting in ASP.NET, like max # of clients or a
buffer size, but I'm new to this environment and don't know my way around.
Can anybody help??? Thanks in advance for your help...

Kevin Spencer

I believe you can also use the MetaBase editor to increase the number of
simultaneous connections on an XP box. Of course, that is not recommended,
but for testing purposes, it might serve termporarily.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP