Max-plus library

Robert Kern

Martin said:
Hello,

Is there any library that allows employing max-plus dioids in
python (e.g. based on numpy/scipy)?

Google says "no" and I haven't heard of any, so I imagine that there aren't.
There might be something buried in some of the control theory packages, but as I
neither know what max-plus dioids are, nor have I any current interest in them,
I can't give you any better pointers.

--
Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?S=E9bastien_Boisg=E9rault?=

Robert said:
Google says "no" and I haven't heard of any, so I imagine that there aren't.
There might be something buried in some of the control theory packages, but as I
neither know what max-plus dioids are, nor have I any current interest in them,
I can't give you any better pointers.

See http://cermics.enpc.fr/~cohen-g//SED/index-e.html for a two-page
introduction to the field and its applications. Definitely worth a look
IMHO.

The second software you refer to
(http://www-rocq.inria.fr/MaxplusOrg/soft.html) is a Scilab package but
essentially made of C and Fortran files. Getting a working binding for
Python may not be that hard ...

Cheers,

SB

Martin Manns

Sébastien Boisgérault said:
See http://cermics.enpc.fr/~cohen-g//SED/index-e.html for a two-page
introduction to the field and its applications. Definitely worth a look
IMHO.

The second software you refer to
(http://www-rocq.inria.fr/MaxplusOrg/soft.html) is a Scilab package but
essentially made of C and Fortran files. Getting a working binding for
Python may not be that hard ...

Thank you for the fast replies. Since I currently have not the time to
write bindings, I will probably have to stick to the Matlab implementation.

Martin