MaxRequestLength totally ignored

John Gorter

Hi All,

I try to set the max file upload size, but somehow I cannot seem to get it
to work.
The setting seems totally useless ;(

I tried to set it to 1, but nevertheless I still can upload files of 212kB.
I tried to set it to 20480, but still cannot upload files larger than +- 7 MB.

I am running ASP.NET 3.5 and browse the site using the development webserver
in VS2008 (tried both in debug and not debug mode).

Anyone has seen and solved this?

It is hard to debug, since it throws a
"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
error..

Thanx in advance...

John Gorter

Additional info:

this is the exact line from my web.config at the root of my site:
"<runtime maxRequestLength="1" executionTimeout="3600">"

Nevertheless, I still can upload pictures with sizes of 200KB and more...

John

John Gorter

Nevermind, figured it out...

I had to be triggered when I did not get the intellisense :(

I used the runtime xml element, should be the httpRuntime element in the
system.web sectiongroup :)

John