    Is it valid? Or should I concatenate the names into one single "value"?

    Thanks,
    Vince C.
    Vince C., Jul 2, 2003

  2. Vince C.

    brucie Guest

    In post <3f02a68c$0$30128$>
    Vince C. said...

    > I'd like to add author names in my pages head using meta elements. I haven't
    > seen any indication on whether a meta element - given its name attribute -
    > should be unique or not. I'd like to add as many <meta author="Author name">
    > elements as there are authors.

    the format is <meta name="author" content="author name or whatever">

    you can make up a <meta> to be anything you like as long as it
    conforms to the HTML specs (your example above doesn't). whether or
    not that <meta> is supported or you can have more than one of the same
    multiple <meta> being the same or may only like a single <meta> with
    comma (or space) separated values or it may even want '*' to separate
    the values.

    if you know what format the agent wants that you're supporting use
    that format otherwise just make something up.

    The META element
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#edef-META

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 02/July/2003 07:35:27 pm kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Vince C.

    Richard Guest

    "Vince C." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to add author names in my pages head using meta elements. I

    haven't
    > seen any indication on whether a meta element - given its name attribute -
    > should be unique or not. I'd like to add as many <meta author="Author

    name">
    > elements as there are authors.
    >
    > Is it valid? Or should I concatenate the names into one single "value"?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Vince C.

    How about <meta name="author" content="co-authored by john smith, jane doe,
    jack n mehoff, baked beans, hot tamale, sea biscuit">
    Richard, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Vince C.

    Vince C. Guest

    "brucie" <> a écrit dans le message de
    [...]
    > the format is <meta name="author" content="author name or whatever">
    >
    > you can make up a <meta> to be anything you like as long as it
    > conforms to the HTML specs (your example above doesn't). whether or
    > not that <meta> is supported or you can have more than one of the same
    > multiple <meta> being the same or may only like a single <meta> with
    > comma (or space) separated values or it may even want '*' to separate
    > the values.
    >
    > if you know what format the agent wants that you're supporting use
    > that format otherwise just make something up.
    >
    > The META element
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#edef-META

    Thanks, Brucie. I had read the specs about META and also found I could use
    profiles to store such kind of data. But it goes far beyond the scope of
    what I want to do. When reading the specs I didn't find any requirement
    about uniqueness of META/@name elements.

    As for Authors, I think I'm going to concatenate things into one single
    values, just like Richard pointed out. This way I'm sure everything goes
    well in any circumstances, as you explained.

    Regards,
    Vince C.
    Vince C., Jul 3, 2003
  5. Vince C.

    Vince C. Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> a écrit dans le message de

    [...]
    > How about <meta name="author" content="co-authored by john smith, jane

    doe,
    > jack n mehoff, baked beans, hot tamale, sea biscuit">

    Let's go for it :)
    Vince C., Jul 3, 2003