MD5DLL: Anyone?

Antonio Ooi

Hi,

Refer to the following code:
<%
set oMD5 = Server.CreateObject("MD5DLL.Crypt")
Response.Write oMD5.EnCrypt("1")
%>

If you replace "1" with "2", the result will be the same, that is empty!! In
this case, how can I store the encrypted password in my database?? How to
perform comparison? Also, there is a bug whereby you can't do concatenation,
why? Can somebody help?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Antonio

xingye

µÄÄÚÈÝ£¿£¿

ÎÒ¸ÃÔõôÏòÀÏÍâÌá³öÕâ¸öÎÊÌâ°¡£¬ÎÒÓ¢ÓïÌ«ÀÃÁË£¬Ëµ¶¼Ëµ²»³ö£¬ÎÒ¿ÞÁË:(

Roland Hall

in message
: Refer to the following code:
: <%
: set oMD5 = Server.CreateObject("MD5DLL.Crypt")
: Response.Write oMD5.EnCrypt("1")
: %>
:
: If you replace "1" with "2", the result will be the same, that is empty!!
In
: this case, how can I store the encrypted password in my database?? How to
: perform comparison? Also, there is a bug whereby you can't do
concatenation,
: why? Can somebody help?

Code:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=2366
Example:
http://kiddanger.com/utils/md5test.asp

HTH...

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Antonio Ooi

Thanks! It works perfectly! But still looking forward for a COM component
with smilar effect.

Thanks a lot!

Antonio Ooi

¸ö¡£

Antonio

xingye

Roland Hall

: Thanks! It works perfectly! But still looking forward for a COM component
: with smilar effect.
:
: Thanks a lot!

You're welcome. Yes, I like the code too. What would the COM offer as an
advantage?

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Antonio Ooi

Well, as far as the security is concerned, especially for encryption
algorithm, it would be better to encapsulate it using COM. ASP is too expose
and can be easily amended, either in purpose or not in purpose. If I still
can't a proper COM for this, I might want to convert the ASP that you sent
to me to VB COM. Again, thanks for your code.

Antonio

Roland Hall

in message : Well, as far as the security is concerned, especially for encryption
: algorithm, it would be better to encapsulate it using COM. ASP is too
expose
: and can be easily amended, either in purpose or not in purpose. If I still
: can't a proper COM for this, I might want to convert the ASP that you sent
: to me to VB COM. Again, thanks for your code.

I didn't write the code and you'd have to look at the restrictions on the
code regarding modifications.
Good luck.