Media Player control.

Sree

hello,

I am blocked at a point in my code where i had to play a music
file using a C program.
Can i open and control windows media player using a C program?

if i can, please help me how to do this.
if i can't, tell me if there are any other ways of playing (for eg.,
mp3) sound file
using a C program.

David Resnick

Sree said:
hello,

I am blocked at a point in my code where i had to play a music
file using a C program.
Can i open and control windows media player using a C program?

if i can, please help me how to do this.
if i can't, tell me if there are any other ways of playing (for eg.,
mp3) sound file
using a C program.

Hi Sree,

Playing audio files isn't possible in portable "C". A few ideas:

1) Ask in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. People may have
good system specific advice there on how to play audio files.

2) Construct a "system" command, as in
#include <stdlib.h>
system("some command that makes it play media player");
-David

Randy Howard

Sree wrote
(in article
hello,

I am blocked at a point in my code where i had to play a music
file using a C program.

That is unfortunate.
Can i open and control windows media player using a C program?

Maybe. It's not readily apparent what you can or can not do.
However, odds are that you can do it using a program compiled
with a C compiler, but using compiler and/or platform-specific
extensions outside the scope of standard C.
if i can, please help me how to do this.

The best assistance is probably to recommend you visit one of
the Windows-specific programming newsgroups. Look at the groups
provided by your NNTP host for one more specific to your
intended program.