Membership

shapper

Hello,

Where can I find the tool, and the scripts to if possible, to deploy
ASP.NET membership on my SQL database?

And can I change the tables names? For example, instead of using
aspnet_Users just use Users?

Thanks,
Miguel

shapper

Go here:http://sholliday.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!A68482B9628A842A!160.entry

First read the scottgu url I reference.  << Please read this before asking
followup questions <<

Then my "tsql script tool" may help with data transfer.  Emphasis on the
"may", it depends how you're attacking the issue.

Sloan,

I know all that. My issues are:

1. Is it possible to change the tables and stored procedure names?

I got the full script to create the ASP.NET Membership tables
using:
aspnet_regsql -A all -sqlexportonly Membership.sql

However when I run the code on my database I get errors. Please,
see my post on SQL forum:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...server/browse_thread/thread/6747150e8d1d3e01#

I would prefer to use the Membership.sql and if possible make changes
to tables and procedures names.

However, I then tried to use aspnet_regex with the wizard.

2. When I used the wizard and went to select a database to add the
tables I got an error:

Failed to query a list of database names from SQL Server.
A network related or instance-specific error occured while
establishing a connection to SQL Server.
The server was not found or was not accessible.
Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is
configured to allow remote connections.

Well I am using the SQL server with VS 2008 and SQL Studio Management
and everything works fine.

Any idea of what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Miguel