Memory by user

ruca

Hi,

Can I have a way to calculate (+/-, of course) the space that each user,
that access my webapplication, ocupies in ASPNET process?

I want to know how much memory of ASPNET grows each time a user login in
WebApplication. Can I know that?

How?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

not directly. there is memory use by request and if inproc session, use by
session. you can log memory use by page with some tacking code. flush the GC
as start request. and measure memory usage at end of request. then flusg GC
to see if the page holds any unmanged memory. the easiest way to estitmate
memory usage in session, is at start of request, binary serialize session to
a bit array and log size.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Andrew Morton

ruca said:
Can I have a way to calculate (+/-, of course) the space that each
user, that access my webapplication, ocupies in ASPNET process?

I want to know how much memory of ASPNET grows each time a user login
in WebApplication. Can I know that?

Well, if you use aspnet_state.exe as the out-of-process state server, /its/
memory usage goes up by a minimum of 4KB per user with the apps I've checked
it with. If you were storing more data in the Application or Session state
bags then it would be more per user. If you were storing nothing in a state
bag it might be less, possibly zero. You'll have to test with your
application.

(I take it you have found you can view additional columns, e.g. memory size,
in Windows Task Manager.)

Andrew