    Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET

    Thank's (if you try to help me)
    Hope can help (if I try to help)
    ruca, Nov 6, 2006

  2. not directly. there is memory use by request and if inproc session, use by
    session. you can log memory use by page with some tacking code. flush the GC
    as start request. and measure memory usage at end of request. then flusg GC
    to see if the page holds any unmanged memory. the easiest way to estitmate
    memory usage in session, is at start of request, binary serialize session to
    a bit array and log size.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Nov 6, 2006

  3. ruca wrote:
    > Can I have a way to calculate (+/-, of course) the space that each
    > user, that access my webapplication, ocupies in ASPNET process?
    >
    > I want to know how much memory of ASPNET grows each time a user login
    > in WebApplication. Can I know that?

    Well, if you use aspnet_state.exe as the out-of-process state server, /its/
    memory usage goes up by a minimum of 4KB per user with the apps I've checked
    it with. If you were storing more data in the Application or Session state
    bags then it would be more per user. If you were storing nothing in a state
    bag it might be less, possibly zero. You'll have to test with your
    application.

    (I take it you have found you can view additional columns, e.g. memory size,
    in Windows Task Manager.)

    Andrew
    Andrew Morton, Nov 6, 2006