    memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

    Regards,
    Andreas

    Andreas Stenius, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Andreas Stenius

    Attila Feher Guest

    Andreas Stenius wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current
    > applications memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

    Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

    --
    Attila aka WW

    Attila Feher, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Attila Feher wrote:

    > Andreas Stenius wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current
    >>applications memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

    > Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

    Doh! ;)
    Any sugestions as to any alternatives, or how to perform memory usage
    benchmarks?

    What I what to achieve is to see how much ram different modules uses in
    my app.

    Thanks for any help/pointers,
    Andreas

    Andreas Stenius, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Andreas Stenius

    David Harmon Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:05:30 GMT in comp.lang.c++, Andreas Stenius
    <> was alleged to have written:
    >> Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

    >Doh! ;)
    >Any sugestions as to any alternatives, or how to perform memory usage
    >benchmarks?

    Check your implementation. It's not unusual to have some non-standard
    extension provided to tell how much free memory you have left.

    David Harmon, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Andreas Stenius

    Sharad Kala Guest

    "Andreas Stenius" <> wrote in message
    > Attila Feher wrote:
    >
    > > Andreas Stenius wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hi,
    > >>
    > >>Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current
    > >>applications memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

    > > Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

    > Doh! ;)
    > Any sugestions as to any alternatives, or how to perform memory usage
    > benchmarks?
    >
    > What I what to achieve is to see how much ram different modules uses in
    > my app.

    Hey each implementation provides some kind of API to determine memory usage etc
    details.
    Check your vendor's compiler documentation.

    Sharad Kala, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Andreas Stenius

    tom_usenet Guest

    tom_usenet, Jan 26, 2004