Menu Control

Joey

Does anyone know how to hide/show parent items in the new asp.net 2.0
menu control that comes with Visual Studio 2005? I want to be able to
show/hide an admin menu based upon whether the user in an admin role,
etc...I have not been able to get a ".Visible" property for them either
though the designer or through code.

We used to use Component One's webmenu for this in VS2003. It worked
very well, but it stopped working with VS2005. Now after months of
working with them to get it working right again (as it does when making
a new project in VS2005), I discovered that it still doesn't work in
projects that were upgraded from VS2003. The menus appear out of place,
and are all messed up.

Guest

Joey,
Jeff Prosise has a nice article in a recent MSDN Magazine (available online)
issue that shows a SqlSiteMapprovider with Roles.
Peter