Menu Controls and CSS

Bryan

Is there a way to make a Menu control ignore the styles set by a
stylesheet?

The reason I ask is that I have built an ASP.Net site with content
pages that use a master page which uses a CSS for formatting. The
problem with this is that I have a menu on the master page that I want
to behave differently than the links on the content pages, but the CSS
formatting applies itself to the page links AND the menu links
regardless of what I try. I want the text in the menu to change color
when the mouse hovers over it from black to white, but the links in the
page to change from red to black. I can make the menu behave correctly,
but then the page links don't behave like I want because I have to make
the links inherit the text color so the menu's settings will show. I
can make the page links do what I want, but then the menu's color is
wrong. I have even tried making a theme for the content page, but that
affected the entire page, not just the content part. Of course seeing
as the page is processed by the server before being presented, that
makes sense. So now I'd like to know if I can make the control ignore
the CSS formatting altogether and only use the settings I want to give
it, or even a seperate stylesheet.

The menu uses a sitemap for it's linking info, if that matters.

If this is the wrong place to ask such a question, please accept my
apologies and point me to the correct place for my inquiry.

Thank you!

Bryan

I'll have to give that a try as soon as I learn how to make and apply a
skin for the menu...

Bryan

It's fixed!

All I had to do was assign a class to the links on the content pages
and modify the stylesheet appropriately. This way if I need one page's
links or even a few to look different later, I can just change their
class and make an entry in the stylesheet.