menus and MasterPages

PeterW

I have 3 master pages. The second has a contents object that contains the
horizontal menu, the third a contents object that contains the vertical menus
and all WebForms use master3 as their Master Page. The content of any
WebForms is below the horizontal menu and right of the left hand menu.

My problem is that the menu structure is 5 layers deep in parts and the bits
that need to be selected are actually over the WebForm content and whilst the
item is visible, it is no longer selectable. With the left hand menu that
can be partially resolved by Setting the Dynamic Horizontal Offest to a
negative value and therefor pulling the position at which the menu item
displays back into the content object bounds at the expense of some
overlapping. I can apply a different style with a different offset for each
level if necessary.

With the horizontal menus however there is much less ability to be flexible
especially with any menu that has numerous items. They are just unusable.

Is there an easy fix that allows a displayed menuitem that is outside the
bounds of its content object to be selected?