Message box always appears on 2nd monitor

Discussion in 'Python' started by ed, Sep 11, 2009.

  1. ed

    ed Guest

    No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
    I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
    I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
    it hasn't.

    I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.

    Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?

    Thank you.

    class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
    def __init__( self ):
    wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
    self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
    wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
    caption='Status',
    style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
    x=0, y=0)

    ed, Sep 11, 2009

  2. ed

    Sean DiZazzo Guest

    On Sep 11, 8:27 am, ed <> wrote:
    > No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
    > I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
    > I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
    > it hasn't.
    >
    > I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.
    >
    > Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
    >      def __init__( self ):
    >          wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
    >          self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
    >          wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
    >                       caption='Status',
    >                       style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
    >                       x=0, y=0)

    Did you try making the message box a child of whatever window called
    it? ie. Pass in the "parent=" attribute.

    ~Sean

    Sean DiZazzo, Sep 11, 2009

  3. ed

    ed Guest

    Sean DiZazzo wrote:
    > On Sep 11, 8:27 am, ed <> wrote:
    >> No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
    >> I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
    >> I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
    >> it hasn't.
    >>
    >> I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.
    >>
    >> Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
    >> def __init__( self ):
    >> wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
    >> self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
    >> wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
    >> caption='Status',
    >> style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
    >> x=0, y=0)

    > Did you try making the message box a child of whatever window called
    > it? ie. Pass in the "parent=" attribute.
    >
    > ~Sean

    Now I have. That did the trick. Thank you.

    ed, Sep 14, 2009