Message box always appears on 2nd monitor

ed

No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
it hasn't.

I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.

Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?

Thank you.

class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
def __init__( self ):
wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
caption='Status',
style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
x=0, y=0)

Sean DiZazzo

No matter what I do, the MessageBox always appears on the 2nd monitor.
I've forced all the other widgets to monitor 1.
I thought that creating a class and forcing the position would help, but
it hasn't.

I'm using Ubuntu Jaunty, python 2.6.

Any ideas what I can do to force widgets to a specific monitor?

Thank you.

class ConnectErrorMsgBox( wx.Frame ):
     def __init__( self ):
         wx.Frame.__init__(self,None, -1, '', pos=(0,0) )
         self.SetPosition( (0, 0) )
         wx.MessageBox(message='Connect Error',
                      caption='Status',
                      style=wx.OK | wx.ICON_EXCLAMATION| wx.CENTER,
                      x=0, y=0)

Did you try making the message box a child of whatever window called
it? ie. Pass in the "parent=" attribute.

~Sean

ed

Sean said:
Did you try making the message box a child of whatever window called
it? ie. Pass in the "parent=" attribute.

~Sean

Now I have. That did the trick. Thank you.