message box halts prgram flow

linuxnooby

HI

I am creating a tkinter app.

example

tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window Text", "A short message")
print "blah"

The execution of the application halts when the message box is
displayed until the user clicks OK, then "blah is printed.

However I want the program to display message box and continue on to
print blah without waiting for user response.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

cheers David

Bruno Desthuilliers

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
HI

I am creating a tkinter app.

example

tkMessageBox.showinfo("Window Text", "A short message")
print "blah"

The execution of the application halts when the message box is
displayed until the user clicks OK, then "blah is printed.

Yeps, this is pretty much what anyone would expect from a sensible GUI
toolkit.
However I want the program to display message box and continue on to
print blah without waiting for user response.

What's your use case ?
Any suggestions on how to go about this?

Either use a non-modal window instead of a modal dialog box or use
different threads.