message box

Guest

Hi,

I have an application in which before they move to a different form. I
would like a message box to pop up to ask them if they want to save their
changes but I can't figure out how to accomplish this. Any help would be
appreciated

Regards
Brian

Scott M.

Then only way you could accomplish this would be with client-side
JavaScript, since only the browser knows that the url is changing.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Here's some server side code that uses javascript to display a confirmation
message.

myDeleteButton.Attributes.Add("onclick", _
"return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete?');")

In this example, the Delete button will post back only if the person
confirms they want to delete. Otherwise the server code is never called in
response to the button click.

Here's a more detailed analysis of your options, including a free control
that can handle many of the options for you.
http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ClientSideSuite.aspx